Best Crossbow Scope With Rangefinder (Top 5 Collections in 2021)
Serious hunters understand the importance of having a crossbow with a rangefinder in their hunting arsenal. These are essential devices for new archers and people who want to make accurate shots. Selecting the best crossbow scope with rangefinder can be tough because they come in different shapes, materials, optics, and other features.
You have to consider all these before you spend your money on a scope with a rangefinder. Luckily, we have a list of high-quality crossbow scopes with rangefinders that might surprise you. These devices will help you estimate the distance from you to the target in various situations to shoot it accurately. Keep on reading the article, you’re getting a perfect shooting companion for your next hunt.
Can You Use a Rifle Scope as a Crossbow Scope?
Well, if you’re a target shooter in archery or a big fan of bowhunting. Then it’s logical to look for a little help to refine your aim. Only a perfect crossbow scope can help you in this regard which is dedicatedly designed for the crossbow. It won’t be a clever decision if you want to use a rifle scope as a crossbow scope. Because the direction of the crossbow recoil is completely reverse of rifles.
So when you use the rifle scope in your crossbow, it’ll be damaged by the reverse recoil of your crossbow. This is the main reason, we never suggest using a rifle scope as a crossbow scope. Things that you can do to get a better result with your crossbow is to find a scope that is designed for a crossbow. This will help you to get a better view of your target animals as well as minimize the potential risk of recoil damage.
Table of Content:
If you would like to check a particular part of the article, you can navigate easily with the help of this table of content.
We’ve also included a quick overview comparison chart to help you compare the outstanding aspects of our crossbow-scope with a rangefinder.
TRUGLO Crossbow 4X32 Compact Scope w/Rings
Sightmark Core SX 3×32 Crossbow Scope
UTG 4X32 1″ Crossbow Scope, Pro 5-Step RGB Reticle, QD Rings
Hawke Optics XB 3×32 with Match Rings IR XB SR Reticle Crossbow Scope #12212
1.5-5×32 Crossbow Scope, 20-100 Yards Ballistic Reticle,300 FPS
5 Best Crossbow Scope With Rangefinder Reviews 2021
Shooters, hunters, and archers should have the best crossbow scope with rangefinder to improve their shooting accuracy. Check our list of top 5 crossbow scope with rangefinders.
1. TRUGLO Crossbow 4X32 Compact Scope w/Rings
Finding crossbow scopes with built in rangefinder on the market can be tough. However, this doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Equip your crossbow with this excellent TRUGLO compact scope for a better hunting experience. The scope has a rangefinder with illuminated reticles that makes sighting easy. On top of that, you will enjoy a generous eye relief of up to 4 inches for comfortable viewing.
The scope is equipped with fully-coated lenses that give you optimum brightness, unmatched contrast, and clarity when viewing your targets. It also features a convenient rubber eye guard to keep you comfortable. On top of that, adjusting the elevation and windage is easy using your fingertips.
It features a one-piece tube made of quality aluminum material to give a durable performance. The scope is also scratch-resistant hence suitable for harsh outdoor use. Besides, its non-reflective matte finish gives it a nice camouflage look.
TRUGLO Crossbow 4X32 Features:
- It’s a smart crossbow scope with a unique rangefinder and a trajectory illuminated reticle.
- The scope has a fully-coated lens to give you maximum brightness for quality images.
- The scope features a sturdy leaf spring to make elevation and windage adjustment easy.
- It features a durable and scratch-resistant body to give you unmatched performance for many years.
- You will find a rubber eye guard for safe operation, and it also has a limited lifetime warranty.
2. Sightmark Core SX 3×32 Crossbow Scope
This is an ideal crossbow scope for the job if you hunt medium-sized animals like mule deer or whitetail deer. It has amazing rangefinding capabilities to help you determine the right distance for accurate shots. It has a powerful magnification of 1.5-5x that is tuned to match the crossbow speed of 250-450 fps for precision aiming.
The scope features a red and black reticle with 11 variable settings for the brightness, making it easily adaptable to different environments. This reticle offers holdover points up to 60 yards, and the Killzone rangefinding makes it ideal for hunting large game.
On top of that, you will love the fully multi-coated optics that provide the brightest images. You will also enjoy a weather-proof performance during shine or rain. Unlike many scopes, this one can withstand crossbow recoil, which keeps you safe after every shot.
Sightmark Core SX Features:
- The scope has resettable, and low profile capped turrets that are made to protect zero.
- It can undertake arrow drop compensation to help you get the right precision and accuracy when aiming.
- You can choose up to 11 variable brightness settings to suit any hunting condition or environment.
- It has multi-coated lenses to help you see clear images when hunting.
- Apart from the scope, you will also get essential items like scope rings and a neoprene cover.
3. UTG 4X32 1″ Crossbow Scope, Pro 5-Step RGB Reticle, QD Rings
The UTG is another best crossbow scope with rangefinder that will help you achieve accurate and precise shots. It features quality broadband lens coating to provide brighter images and a wider field of view for the best performance. You can easily see your target clearly, and this helps you shoot accurately.
It is also equipped with a unique red and green illuminated reticle for accurate distance measurements. This helps you get versatile applications under all light conditions. On top of that, you will find 5 horizontal lines calibrated for a crossbow speed of 300 fps. Therefore, you can get faster, aiming at 10- 50 yard distances.
Adjusting the windage and elevation is easy because the scope has lockable and resettable target turrets. This bow scope with rangefinder also has flip-open lens caps and convenient ring mounts with a low profile design and a patented lever lock for easy use.
UTG 4X32 1″ Crossbow Features:
- Great crossbow scope with a rangefinder that is suitable for hunting sports.
- It has a quality coating on the lens that contributes to brighter images and a larger field of view.
- The scope can hold recoil resistance from any rifle, and this makes it safe to use.
- It has a strong make and a smart spherical structure to help you get accuracy and precision.
- You will find elevation and windage adjustments easy because it has zero lockable and resettable turrets.
4. Hawke Optics XB 3×32 with Match Rings IR XB SR Reticle Crossbow Scope #12212
Take your crossbow hunting experiences to a greater height with Hawke Optics. This scope has a superb build quality to give you the best applications for many years. It has a one-inch mono-tube chassis that gives great stability and strength compared to other scopes. Additionally, it features a high-grade anodized aluminum construction to enhance its durability.
This high-performance crossbow scope is designed for crossbow speed up to 340 fps. You will enjoy a fast focus eyeball combined with a high torque zoom ring to give you great performance. It has multi-coated optics with 11 layers to offer the best clarity when shooting. The scope also has a large objective lens of 32mm to allow more light for brighter images.
The reticle is illuminated and has a rangefinding capability to help you calculate the distance from the deer easily. It is illuminated in green and red, and it gives an incredible performance on all crossbows. Mounting the scope is easy since it has double hex screws that hold it firmly. On top of that, it has a weaver with a crossbar to provide additional protection.
Hawke Optics XB Features:
- Nice hunting scope with internal cushion tape that ensures the marking does not get damaged.
- It has an illuminated reticle (3×32) that is recalibrated to 340 fps for faster crossbow performance.
- You will enjoy a larger field of view and comfortable eye relief when aiming at your targets.
- It is easy to use the scope under all conditions because of its waterproof and shockproof features.
- It has an XB speed adjuster, so you can adjust the speed to achieve accuracy when aiming.
5. 1.5-5×32 Crossbow Scope, 20-100 Yards Ballistic Reticle,300 FPS
This is another amazing scope for crossbow under 500 with durable aluminum construction. It works under all conditions, even when it is foggy or raining. Additionally, it can withstand 1000G impact resistance, so you don’t have to worry about damages when it drops accidentally. The scope features a 30mm mono-tube that is nitrogen filled and sealed to give superb strength.
It features a unique multi-coated optical system to suit various crossbows. Adjusting the fps is easy if you zero the reticle at 20 yards. When the impact point is higher than the aim point, you need to turn the fps speed dial to a lower number. On the other hand, if the impact point is lower than the aim point, turn it to a higher number.
You can achieve precise and clear images with the multi-layer coated optics. They allow up to 93 percent light transmission, which helps you achieve clear images for fast target acquisition and shooting. Additionally, the ballistic reticle features green and red illumination to enhance the brightness, wide-angle, and clarity.
1.5-5×32 Crossbow Features:
- You will enjoy a long eye relief that helps the scope to come to your eyes quickly.
- The scope is adjustable to suit crossbow speeds between 300fps – 425 fps, so it works well with many crossbows.
- Illuminated reticles and the multi-coated lenses provide exceptional clarity to help you see bright images.
- You will get a durable performance because it has a quality aluminum construction, waterproof, and nitrogen filled.
- It has a powerful magnification of 1.5-5x, so you can easily zoom in on your target when shooting.
How to Use a Rangefinder Scope?
A rangefinder scope has an outside similar to a traditional scope, but it differs from the normal scope in some aspects. This type of scope has a unique reticle to help you make shot adjustments at various distances. This is how you should use your rangefinder scope.
Step 1: Zero in the scope
Zeroing your scope is easy, and you can use different ways to do that. One common method is to shoot at your target three times and then measure the bullseye distance to the shots. After that, adjust the scope and repeat this to the point you are consistent with your target.
Step 2: Distance Calculation
Take the best guess height of the target and put it beside your scope measurements. You can set the scope differently, and in this case, let us assume you have set the measurements on the deer’s chest.
These measurements indicate the typical deer chest size. If the deer is too close, the chest will have more measurement lines.
Step 3: Line up the Reticle
The next thing is to set the scope reticle on the target. Always raise the reticle to ensure you get the right distance marker on the scope. However, this will be subject to what you had zeroed in your scope.
Step 4: Distance Calculation
Apply this formula to get the right distance; Width= range x (MOA or MIL).
MOA constant is 100 and 27.8 for MIL constant.
Therefore, if the deer chest is 20 inches and takes 4 mil dots on the reticle, you can calculate the distance in yards like this:
Width= (20/4 x27.8)
If you know the distance, it will be easy for you to make an accurate aim and hit your target. You can also refer to windage charts to get more precision. The charts are essential because they will let you know the wind if you have the right device to do that.
Why Should You Buy a Crossbow Scope With a Rangefinder?
Crossbows with mounted rangefinders provide hunters and shooters with many benefits. They make target acquisition easy so you will not miss or waste a lot of arrows when shooting. It would help if you bought a crossbow scope with a rangefinder because of the following:
- You can achieve a faster target acquisition and shoot accurately before your target escapes.
- Crossbow scopes with rangefinders provide high accuracy, and this boosts your chances of hitting your target.
- They increase your shooting efficiency, and you will not waste many arrows when hunting.
- Most crossbow scopes with rangefinders have a color display to help you take fast measurements and aiming.
- Crossbow scopes with rangefinders are suitable for new archers because they help them achieve high accuracy.
- They make hunting successful by giving you a good feel of the traditional hunting method combined with high technology.
Those are some of the best crossbow scopes with a rangefinder you can find on the market. They are affordable and packed with excellent features to make crossbow shooting accurate. When picking the right crossbow-scope with a rangefinder, you should consider the speed, battery life, accuracy, durability, and clarity to enjoy the best performance.
If you’re unsure which is the best crossbow scope with rangefinder to buy, we advise you to consider the UTG 4X32 1″ Crossbow Scope. The scope offers a tough recoil resistance, and you will enjoy brighter images and a large field of view. It also has a unique illuminated reticle that is applicable under various light conditions. Additionally, you can easily calibrate this scope for 300 fps to aim from 10 to 50-yard distances.