It is not enough to have a high-quality crossbow for your hunting mission. To make a successful hunting session, you need to have your skills, experience, proper bolts, and so many things. If you want to get the most out of your crossbow, you have to buy the best crossbow bolts for deer hunting. When it creates an accurate blend of strength, accuracy, and speed, your hunting performance should be increased.
However, it might be a daunting task for you for the first time to select the best bolts. Therefore, we are here to share our practical experience of hunting so that you can also prepare for the next mission. Our extensive research and experience will take you through everything you need to get the best crossbow bolts for your hunting mission.
What is the difference between crossbow bolts and arrows?
When it comes to discussing between bolts and arrows, you have to consider compound bows and crossbows. Arrows are used in a compound bow in the archery game. If you know a bit about archers, you should know that a compound bow shoots arrows. On the other hand, crossbows, especially modern crossbows, can shoot both arrows and bolts.
So, let’s start finding the answer to the question, right? Well, from a technical standpoint, you will see bolts are shorter in length, and it is from 16 inches to 22 inches, while arrows are 27 to 32 inches. Also, bolts have no vanes to fly smoothly. Bolts are more massive than traditional arrows. Both have four distinct parts, including shaft, fletching, broadhead, and nock.
Table of Content:
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter Fletched BuffTuff Plus Carbon Crossbolt with R2 Vanes
REEGOX Crossbow Bolts 20 inch Bio Crossbow Arrows with Moon Nocks and Removable Tips (Pack of 12)
Lumenok lumen-arrow bolt 20″,(3pk) orange
ANTSIR 20″ Hunting Archery Carbon Arrow Crossbow Bolts Arrow With 4″ vanes Feather and Replaced Broadhead/Tip(Pack of 12)
Black Eagle Executioner Crossbow Fletched Carbon Arrows/Bolts
5 best crossbow bolts for deer hunting Reviews 2020
Deer hunting requires more skills and experience along with your crossbow and its bolts. We have analyzed and reviewed so many crossbow bolts before we appear here. We have selected and encouraged the hunters to choose their crossbow bolts among 5 best crossbow bolts for deer hunting.
1. Carbon Express Maxima Hunter Fletched BuffTuff Plus Carbon Crossbolt with R2 Vanes
Hunters who find the best crossbow bolts for deer hunting should choose the Carbon Express bolts. You will discover two spines in each arrow for better performance. It comes with 20% sooner spin and can retain more speed when you release the bolt from your crossbow to hunt an animal, whether it is a deer or turkey.
It offers you the best-unparalleled speed and accuracy so that you can end up making a kill. The bufftuff feature of the bolt ensures better accuracy and superior strength. Therefore, they can pierce through the body of the animal more effectively, making a hunt.
Actual straightness is required when the bolts fly in the air towards the animal. So, it has the most accurate straightness, which is 1/10000 of an inch. To camouflage the bolts, it uses mossy oak treestand camo that ensures its proven camouflage.
Carbon Express Maxima Features:
- For faster and accurate travel comes with a dual spine weight forward feature, which has 2 spines in 1 arrow.
- Having a dual spine can travel faster, store more energy, and spin 20% sooner to pierce through a deer’s body.
- It provides you with superior strength and accuracy due to having precision design and carbon weave.
- You can get real straightness of the arrow because it shows the straightness of 1/10000 of each inch.
- For better camouflage, manufacturers use mossy oak treestand camo.
2. REEGOX Crossbow Bolts 20 inch Bio Crossbow Arrows with Moon Nocks and Removable Tips (Pack of 12)
Reegox is the best 20-inch crossbow bolt out there in the market. Therefore, the high cost-effective crossbow bolts are popular among beginners and young hunters. It also offers you better speed, kinetic energy, and accuracy.
You can use the bolts again and again if you can find them. It is because the build of the crossbow bolts ensures extraordinary durability for your extended use. So, it also saves your hard-earned cash. Its length, 20 inches, is suitable for your Xbows and crossbows.
It comes with 4 inches TPU vanes for better and smooth travel. Also, the moon nocks of the bolts allow you to use the string of the crossbow effectively. However, beginners and young hunters find it helpful due to its performance and low prices.
REEGOX Crossbow Bolts Features:
- Being low priced bolts, young hunters and beginners find it the best hunting bolts out there.
- It can store kinetic energy and maintain more accuracy while hitting the target animal.
- These bolts are durable, so you can use them repeatedly if you can find them out.
- The length that is 20 inches allows you to use both Xbows and crossbows.
- It’s 4” vanes can travel smoothly, and moon nocks help to use the crossbow string properly.
3. Lumenok lumen-arrow bolt 20″,(3pk) orange
When making a hunting plan, you should consider all the necessary things to make it successful. Among them, you must need the best crossbow arrows for deer hunting, especially if you are after a deer to hunt it. The arrows’ length is standard, and it is 20 inches carbon bolt that ensure its durability and sturdiness, too.
The ICE coating of the bolts enables you to remove the bolts after piercing the animal. You will find 325 gains of weight for the bolts that should be convenient to hunt a deer. Therefore, it can travel smoothly and hit accurately on the deer’s body to kill him.
With its shot placement recognition, you can use these arrows more effectively when hunting to hunt a deer. Also, it has a proper retrieval feature that benefits you maneuvering the arrows more comfortably. You can also replace the battery as they are replaceable when you need it to do so.
Lumenok lumen Features:
- It comes with the perfect size, and it is 20 inches, which travels faster and land accurately.
- For its durability and sturdiness, it has all carbon bolts than can use once again.
- ICE coating of the arrows enables you to remove from the target after piercing the animal.
- With the shot placement recognition, you can make a better target with the arrows.
- The arrow retrieval is more comfortable for you because it uses a replaceable battery.
4. ANTSIR 20″ Hunting Archery Carbon Arrow Crossbow Bolts Arrow With 4″ vanes Feather and Replaced Broadhead/Tip(Pack of 12)
Are you tired of finding the best crossbow bolts for hunting? ANTSIR 20” should come into place because of its authentic travel towards your target animal. The carbon arrow shaft of the bolts ensures their sturdiness and long-lasting capability.
After releasing from your crossbow, finding out the bolts becomes more accessible due to having two blue and one white color. Therefore, you can find it without any effort to use more time. For your hunting practice, it should be an ideal bolt that has 4 inches feather.
You can repair it quickly because of having a standard point, insert and nock of the bolts. The half-moon nocks allow you to rest the bolts on the string that does not let you slip. Also, the bolts’ carbon shaft makes it more efficient while hitting a target with your crossbow.
ANTSIR 20″ Hunting Archery Features:
- The material of the arrow shaft is carbon that provides you better durability and longevity.
- A 20-inch arrow shaft allows it to fly smoothly after your release from your crossbow to hit accurately.
- The arrow’s half-moon shape does not allow it to slip from the string of the crossbow while shooting.
- 4 Vanes of the arrow ensure better travel experience and landing to the appropriate place.
- The crossbow arrows are ideal for both archery and crossbow hunting.
5. Black Eagle Executioner Crossbow Fletched Carbon Arrows/Bolts
Making a great shot with your crossbow, you must need the top rated crossbow bolts. Black Eagle Executioner does the same thing for you because it arrives with superior performance. So, you can receive your required accuracy, speed, and kinetic energy to make surefire kills.
It provides two types of arrow length- 20 inches and 22 inches, which is better used in your crossbow. Its 3 inches Bohning X vanes ensure its smooth flying and achieve a better target. Not only that, but you can also find its 18 inches fletched arrows having 2 inches Blazer vanes to perform the same thing.
Both half-moon and flat nocks allow you to keep it stick to the string of the crossbow. Between the two nocks style, the half-moon should be the ideal option left for you as it does not slide from the crossbow’s string. The high-quality arrows come with more extraordinary performance to hit your target well.
Black Eagle Executioner Features:
- For superior performance, speed, kinetic energy, and accuracy, nothing can beat Black Eagle Executioner.
- Three sizes of the arrows are available- 18, 20, and 22 inches that best fit your crossbow to shoot with.
- With Bohning X vanes and Blazer vanes, these arrows can fly smoothly and accurately hit the target.
- It has both half-moon and flat nocks to fit with the crossbow’s string to avoid sliding from it.
- The shaft of the arrows uses carbon for better longevity and sturdiness.
Which is better aluminum or carbon crossbow bolts?
As a hunter, you already know that two types of material are used in bolts- carbon and aluminum. You can start your hunting journey with one of them to hunt an animal. But many hunters out there suffer from mental dilemma and cannot figure out which one should be the best one for them.
Maybe, you are also searching for the answer to the question- which is better aluminum or carbon crossbow bolts? Well, carbon is superior to aluminum and can travel faster than aluminum. So, it would be wise to use carbon instead of heavy aluminum.
Aluminum crossbow bolts
Aluminum crossbow bolts are more massive and can provide you with a high level of accuracy. These types of crossbow bolts are pricey and can store more kinetic energy due to their weight. But aluminum crossbow bolt’s shaft can be bent if you cannot release or cock them appropriately.
So, it would be best if you had more practice to use aluminum bolts before you go hunting. You cannot straighten the bolt’s shaft if they bend, which may raise the issue of accuracy. Moreover, it becomes easier for you to repair and maintain an aluminum bolt for better performance. With proper tools, you can restore them and use them again.
Carbon crossbow bolts
Carbon crossbow hunting bolts weigh less than that of aluminum crossbow bolts. Thus, bolts of carbon can gain more accuracy as well as speed while releasing them. But it preserves a stiffer spine because of its strength. You know that carbon fiber is not as dense as aluminum alloy.
So, the shaft weight of the crossbow bolts are lighter and can travel faster than aluminum. Maintaining carbon crossbow bolts is more complicated than aluminum ones, and you can repair them spending times if they bend. As the straightness is not an issue for a carbon bolt, there is no problem with its travel and speed.
Budget and preference
For beginners and young hunters, aluminum crossbow bolts should be a friendly-choice. Besides, they are easy to maintain and repair if they bend after making several shots. Also, they are not so costly as carbon crossbow bolts.
Carbon crossbow bolts are lighter, so they can speed up faster, and chances are they bend less than aluminum. So, you can make several shots with carbon bolts. Repairing is also time-consuming and challenging than aluminum bolts. In this point, both your budget and preference play an important role for selecting crossbow bolt types.
Frequently asked questions
To satisfy you regarding some essential question, we have come up with their best possible answers. These frequently asked questions with their answers will help you to understand the topic better and select the best crossbow bolts for deer hunting.
Will a crossbow bolt go through a deer?
To kill a deer with your crossbow, you have to have the needed draw weight of it. However, 75 to 125 pounds of draw weight can ensure a crossbow bolt to a whitetail deer.
Does crossbow bolt length matter?
Considering your crossbow’s groove, you should choose the bolt length. It is wise to have a size the same as your crossbow’s groove or 2 inches more. So, crossbow bolt length is a matter for sure.
How long do crossbow bolts last?
Proper maintenance and care increase anything’s longevity. Similarly, if you can take care of your crossbow bolts well, they can last more than expected. But on average, bolts stay not more than 3 years.
How Many Bolts Should You Buy?
Considering your requirements, you have to buy crossbow bolts. How often you go, hunting determines how many bolts you should buy. However, you can purchase a set of crossbow bolts for your hunting mission.
Making a successful hunting journey, you require each session to have the best crossbow bolts for deer hunting. The length, weight, materials, and many more things are related to getting the best one. You can purchase any of the crossbows, as mentioned earlier, bolts for your mission. If you are still confused, let’s do it more convenient for you.
We suggest from our practical experience to buy Lumenok because it has the perfect size to fit your crossbow. Bolts are built with carbon for better durability and sturdiness. Also, the ICE coating of them allows you to remove from the hunt easily.